We had another sorority meeting last Wednesday night. I was part of the last group (there were actually only three of us) to join. Wednesday we welcomed 5 new girls to the group. Every meeting has a theme and this time it was London, England, so Heather did Austin Powers and we all dressed up as hippies. My mom found one of her old dresses and jewelry for me to wear. The dress looked just like the one Jenny wore in Forrest Gump in there scene where she is running in the water. I got a long blonde wig to wear too. I looked pretty goofy, but we all got a laugh out of my nasty wig! Her dad picked up all the new girls in his "rv" from the 60's or 70's, I'm not sure which, complete with the brown shag carpet inside, even on the walls and dash! He took them all to the meeting and then took us all riding around in it after the meeting. Here are a couple of pictures from the night. I know it seems kind of silly for a bunch of grown women to act like this, but it's nice for us to set aside a time for us and not have to worry about our kids for a couple of hours every couple of weeks.

We didn't do anything at all this weekend except go to church. In fact, the boys and I didn't even get dressed Saturday! This is the first weekend in a long time I haven't had anything to do, so I just enjoyed it.
1 comment:
I was in shock to see you on my blog and could not figure out who it was at first. I am so glad to hear from you. I will be adding you to my friend list. Your youngest boy looks like Ira. They are so cute. Glad to see things are going good.
Post a Comment