I just got home from meeting Ira in Throckmorton and my boys are all hunting, so I've got a minute to update! Saturday morning we all got up at 4:00 a.m. and headed to Olney so Robert could help my dad and brother work cattle. The boys and I dropped him off and went on to Mom's house to wait for them to get done. We decided we were going to head to Wichita Falls to the Santa Fe Ranch because they were having a huge sale and I needed a bed for my guest bedroom. I was getting very sick of looking at just the mattress with no bed! While we were getting ready to go, Ira showed up pretty upset because he was supposed to work this weekend at the Rockin S at PK and to make a long story short, his "babysitter" was planning on taking the other three girls, but not her. I told him if he would keep my boys Saturday for us, I would take Katey home with me for the weekend. I found several beds I liked but couldn't decide which one I wanted so I made Robert drive to Wichita and make a decision and bring the pickup so we could get it home. Sunday we all got up and went to church and then came home and just relaxed all day. I did get my bed put together though and it looks much better in there. Now I want to go back and get the dresser I wanted but didn't get. We weren't sure it would all fit in the room, but now that we have it all set up, we decided it will. Ira wanted me to get some pictures of Katey while I had her so we drove to Abilene Sunday night to take some there and ran to Walmart. I just couldn't resist buying her an outfit. I've never gotten to buy clothes for a little girl and they are SO much cuter than the boy's clothes. Sure makes me want one!
Robert and the boys got up early today to go hunting so I haven't seen them all day. Hope they are getting some birds. They tried to get me to go, but I just don't really get into the whole hunting thing. Besides, I had Katey and he needed a day with his boys!
Leighton: 1st day of Pre-K
10 years ago

2 comments:
I think I saw you a couple weekends ago driving to Abilene...do you drive an expedition? Not sure if it was you, but sure looked like you. We were heading to Olney!
Glad you got a new bed, I have just a mattress and box spring in my extra bedroom too...but right now it's last on my list of new furniture that I want! lol
Sound like a busy weekend.
Post a Comment