Monday, April 14, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

Robert and I will have our 7th anniversary tomorrow, so he took the enitre weekend off to spend it with his family! We haven't seen very much of him lately. After working on the Green ranch for 8 years, he decided to quit and start drilling oil wells. He started on December 15th and has only taken off about 3 weekends since then. The earliest he gets home on a good day is about 8:00 and it is usually around 11 or 12 at night. The boys and I were really starting to miss him. Saturday he took the boys for some father/son bonding time while I took my camera to Abilene to get it worked on. I got home just in time to help unload his mom's new furniture and then we left the boys with her so we could go out and celebrate. We went to the beehive, as usual. For some reason it was really slow. There were only 7 people (including us) there the whole time we were there! His sister Diedre came and had a couple of drinks with us and then we went to Robert and Heather's house for about 45 minutes. We had planned on going to church Sunday morning, but since the boys spent the night with his mom we didn't wake up in time to get ready! So we just picked them up and headed to Abilene to look at lawnmowers. We went through 2 of them last year, so Robert decided it was time to buy a new one! He couldn't decide which one he wanted, so we ended up not getting one. That's one of those things he'll think about for several weeks before he finally gets one. And by then, our yard will be looking pretty bad! After Lowe's and Home Depot, we went to the Cotton Patch and ate lunch/supper. Then we headed to Walmart to get groceries and then back home. Nothing really exciting, but it was so nice to get to spend the enitre weekend with my family! Here are a couple of pictures of the boys "test driving" the lawnmowers.

I did have something bad happen to me this weekend though. Yesterday I was pulling my hair back and found not one, but two gray hairs! Actually, they weren't gray, they were white!!! I'm only 24 years old, way to young for that! But I guess since my mom was gray headed when she had me, I kind of expected it to happen. Thanks Mom, love you! :)

4 comments:

Charity said...

Oh no! Gray hairs already?? Well, at least you made it longer than either of your brothers did! LOL

The Wiemers said...

I can't believe you have been married for 7 years! Wow how time flies.

Our Family said...

Molls, thanks for the comment! I, too was disappointed that our schedules never worked out to get together. Now with us in Minnesota it's likely we won't see each other until like our 10 year class reunion. Which isn't too far off... ha! Thankfully someone invented BLOGS!

On the subject of gray hair, I too have found a couple in my head and freaked. UGH! But THANKFULLY Proverbs talks about wisdom being found when gray hairs are present. :) Though, I think I might rather have brown hair and wisdom.

You're boys are super cute!

Whitney said...

Well Jason is 35 and almost has a full head! At least you can dye yours. I didn't know who "Molly" was until I looked at your blog. I forgot ya'll lived in Albany.