Thursday, February 18, 2010

The rest of the story

After our trip to the er, I took her to the doctor on Monday, and guess where we ended up........

.....in the hospital, with pheumonia and a bacterial infection! My "sources" informed me that if he would have done a chest x-ray that night, he would have seen it then and all of this could have been avoided. They said that it was very obvious in the x-ray and there is no way that it devoloped from Saturday night to Monday, it was already there. So obviously I was (and still am) a little upset, but the important thing is that she was eventually taken care of and is lots better now. He doctor originally told us that she would be there until at least Thursday morning, but Tuesday morning they turned her oxygen off and she did good without it. Wednesday morning they said that since she had been off the oxygen for 24 hours and her fever had stayed down, we could go home! I am exhausted from not sleeping for a week, so this will surely be a very lazy weekend.


This was Tuesday when she was feeling a little better. She wouldn't even open her eyes on Monday!
Watching her brother (I'm so jealous of her eyelashes!!!)

Hanging out in her "cage"
Pure sweetness
Playing with her dog one of the nurses gave her. I think it was a weenie dog/poodle mix! haha
Robert brought the boys to see her Tuesday night and she had really missed them. Her eyes lit up the second they walked in the door.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

ohhh, this just makes my heart hurt seeing her hooked up to machines and sick. Poor baby girl!!! I'm so glad that she is feeling better!

Whitney said...

Poor baby!!!!!! Hope she feels better soon!

The Wiemers said...

Ahh... poor baby. That just breaks my heart seeing her in that hospital bed with oxygen! I am so sorry you have had to go through all of that. I am glad she is doing better!!! I love that last pic. of her and her brother. It is too sweet!!!