After several MRI's and other tests and scans they have determined that the bleeding has affected the left side of baby Cutter's brain and they say that it could affect his IQ, personality and motor skills (I think that's all they said). They really won't be able to tell anything for a while, until he gets old enough to start doing "normal" things such as rolling over, crawling, walking and so on. They have put him on anti-seizure meds and said that there is still some pressure on his brain that they may have to go in and relieve. They will do another scan next week to see if the swelling has gone down. He has been off the oxygen since Sunday and breathing on his own, is eating, moving his arms and legs, and sucking on a pacifier, all of which are very good. The doctors told them that usually babies with brain damage won't suck on a pacifier. "T" was released yesterday and came home for the night to get things ready at her house and eat a good meal and will go back today. Cutter will probably be there for another week or 2. Please continue to pray for them!
3 comments:
We will pray that there will be no damage. I know this has to be hard on the family.
Molly:
Please tell your family we are praying for them. We have been there and done that! It it so scary! I guess the baby is at Cook's? I've just always heard Cook's had the best Neuro center. Kynlee still goes back every 6 months to have her shunt checked! It is very nerve racking when it comes to your baby's brain! May God Bless them! :)
- Cynthia
The Monogrammer here in Abilene is where I get stuff monogrammed. It takes about a week.
Post a Comment