Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thanks Danita and Whitney!

I just wanted to say thanks to Danita for send me some pictures of things to try! I tried one of them, and I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I think it turned out pretty good. I hope you like it! I've decided I can pretty much make anything (so far) as long as I have a picture to look at. This is how I made Tara's bedding. I didn't have a pattern, so I just made my own and learned as I went. I did the same with the dress. It may not be done "right" but it's easier for me to just do things my own way, rather than try to understand someone else's directions! Also, Whitney wants me to try some overalls so she is on the lookout for some to alter. I really don't have time to be doing all this, between my full time job and my other full time job as a mom/wife, but I just can't help myself! I love doing things for other people and making them happy, even though I'm always worried that it's/I'm never good enough! And I NEVER thought I would say this, but I love sewing too! I guess it's just in my blood. So anyway, keep those ideas coming, cause I love a challenge (usually)!



Miss Brie's dress. I hope they like it!

5 comments:

ajphillips said...

That's really cute...I just can't get in the mood lately!

The Wiemers said...

Oooo.... too cute!!! You are so talented and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself!!!

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Girl, you deserve a big pat on the back. That is one very lovely dress & you did an awesome job. It's not many people who can created without a pattern, and you should be proud of yourself. Tara is gonna be one styling girl thanks to her momma! :)

(Can't wait to see this on Brie!)

The Hagle's said...

It is GREAT! Little did Brie know, if she didn't like it should would wear it anyways (she is VERY picky!). But much to my surprise, she LOVES it. Don't be so hard on yourself, you make amazing stuff. If you can make the crib stuff you did for Tara without a pattern you can do anything! Just believe in yourself. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Whitney said...

That's a really cute dress! Maybe we can exchange baby clothes for sewing! Ha ha! Mine will be for football season, but I'm on the lookout for overalls- mine should be easy, just sewing some fabric on the bottom and on the pocket. I think it would be cute to put ACU across the bottom of the overalls. I may have to order some off e-bay b/c I sure haven't seen any in the stores!