Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update on Tara

Apparently I've been starving my poor little baby and didn't even know it! After nursing her, I am supposed to offer her formula and let her take as much as she wants. Well, she wants!!! After nursing for 25-30 minutes, she acts satisfied, but then she still takes 4-5 ounces of formula! I feel like such a horrible mother! I try to do the best thing for her and end up hurting her in the end! I just hope that's all it is and that she will have gained enough when I take her back. I'll update again after her weight check!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Awwww! You didn't know so don't beat yourself up too bad! That's why breastfeeding can be so hard! Have you tried pumping to see how much you're producing?

Also, if I need something monogrammed (and I'm sure I will), I'll let you know!

The Wiemers said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are not a bad mother. I feel sorry for you!!! Hang in there.

The Hagle's said...

Honestly, it's not your fault. The Dr. or a nurse should have told you. Don't worry, now that you know, she will start gaining weight. Take it as a lesson learned.